Variable Life Insurance
Offered through The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
Variable Universal Life products offer a variety of features and options which can be used to meet your individual objectives. By offering a high level of death benefit and premium flexibility, you can customize the policy to meet your changing objectives. These products offer a variety of death benefit guarantee options and investment choices.
Key Policy Features:
- High level of premium and death benefit flexibility.
- Choice of increasing or level death benefit options.
- Policyowner assumes investment responsibility.
- Coverage for life may require additional premium payments.
- Cash values are not guaranteed.
- Death benefit guarantees are available (Custom Variable Universal Life and Executive Variable Universal Life only).
When to Use:
- When you have a long term time horizon.
- When you want to make an appropriate subsequent purchase to round out an existing insurance portfolio.
- When you want to invest your policy values more aggressively than Northwestern Mutual invests the funds for a traditional policy.
- When you can tolerate volatility of investment returns.
- When you have the ability to pay premiums over an extended period of time.
Types of Policies Available:
- Custom Variable Universal Life: Combines a universal life insurance policy with variable investment options. It provides death protection with a variety of optional guarantee periods. This policy can be custom-designed to meet your needs.+
- Executive Variable Universal Life: Combines a universal life insurance policy with variable investment options for employers who wish to purchase a life insurance product for their employees. The policy provides death protection with a variety of optional guarantee periods.+
- Survivorship Variable Universal Life: Combines a universal life insurance policy with variable investment options. Insures two lives, paying a death benefit on the second death.+
*Guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of Northwestern Mutual and are not a reflection of the performance or stability of money invested in the variable (nonfixed) funds.
+You should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, expenses and charges of the investment company before you invest. Your Northwestern Mutual Investment Services Registered Representative can provide you with a contract and fund prospectus that will contain the information noted above, and other important information that you should read carefully before you invest or send money.
Issuer: The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (Northwestern Mutual), 720 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202-4797.
Principal Underwriter: Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC (NMIS), Suite 300, 611 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 1-866-664-7737, member FINRA and SIPC.